Thursday, March 5, 2009

Flashback Friday again?!?!!! Regretful Friday!!!!


Its already Friday! Geez that was fast! My mom's going to love this one!
So I found this pic when I was 16 (I think) I can not remember honestly but this is me getting my first tattoo
Regret 1 - don't get a tattoo when you are still in high school
we were so excited that we actually talked this guy at a tattoo parlor to give us tattoo's I just picked a random one with no thought about it would be on my body forever!!!! Oh and Emily and I got the same tattoo (lame) another regret!!!!

Here is the stupid thing 14 years later- I am grateful its on my back because I forget that it's there most of the time and since in my old age and baby body I have ditched the belly shirts most people never see them until NOW!!!!




Sadly I did not learn my lesson and around my 18th birthday I went to get another one!!! I would highly recommend to my children to wait until they are at least 25 to get a tattoo- they may at least come up with something unique and important to them to be tattooed on them for the rest of their lives. So my 2nd tattoo was my initials (mind you my maiden name initials) another regret and a rose. I think I thought I was being a little gansta with the font- ha ha This one is also on my back so at least I never see it either!
So do I wish I never had a tattoo? I am not sure I do wish I didn't have these. I sometimes see someone with a amazing tattoo that has a lot of meaning and its tasteful and I think geez I wish I would have done something like that instead but having more tattoos would be a little much for me so I will just live with these and my regrets and maybe one day I will get them removed.

5 comments:

Erin said...

You WERE gansta! Except for your outfit. What the heck were you wearing (the top picture)? I think we should get you and emily together and take a 14 year later picture. I agree with you though. Hopefully our children will wait awhile if they decide to get tat's!!

Smith's said...

Ha Ha- I was wearing a dress that was pretty short I think so I had my pajama shorts underneath - worked out pretty well with the tattoo idea since I had a dress on I probably would have gotten it somewhere else..

Kathryn said...

i have no tattoo's.. i do want one but i am to scared and i have not found one that i like..

Anonymous said...

Heck.....Think now that I am in my 50's, I should start, maybe you girls have some ideas?....and what about a belly ring.....giggle (God knows I HAVE a belly)

Jenna said...

Ha Ha. I remember when you guys all went to Venice Beach and did this!!! None for me at this point. Hey I can't figure out how to invite you to follow my blog. the web address is www.jenna92878.blogspot.com and my email is jeffreyandjenna@aol.com