Thursday, December 4, 2008

Nana's recipes of the week

I came across my late Nana's recipe book. It put a smile on my face- she was such a wonderful woman and I miss her everyday.

This one definitely brought back memories I use to love to eat this

Tuna Potato Chip Casserole

1 can mushroom soup
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons chopped onions
salt & pepper
2 cups crushed lays potato chips
1 can tuna drained
Chips for garnish

Preheat oven at 350 degrees
Blend tuna,milk,cream of mushroom, salt and pepper together. In Baking dish put 1/2 chips in baking dish top with 1/2 tuna mix repeat layers and garnish top with chips. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.





These tea cakes were a favorite in our house. My mom still makes them every year (I think). Definitely reminds me of the holidays.


RUSSIAN TEA CAKES

1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped nuts

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix thoroughly butter, sugar, and vanilla.
Work in flour, salt and nuts. Shape into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes, until set, not brown. While warm roll in powdered sugar. Cool. Roll again in sugar and enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both recipes sound awesome and will be trying them....isn't it wonderful to have something from her that each and every time you look at it or pick it up to read a recipe, you can feel her arms around you? Thanks for sharing..........