Saturday, June 27, 2009

My first 5K!!!!!!!!!


Well I woke up bright and early this morning to do my first 5k! It was a great experience and a big accomplishment for me!
So my photographer ( Carol's significant other) missed me at the finish line so I only have a pic of after wards but hey there's always next time right? I guess I was just too fast for him- ha ha.
So out of 572 people running I was the 289th person to cross the finish line! Woo hoo I wasn't last. I only had 2 goals not to be last and to run the whole thing which I did both!
It had been storming on and off this morning so we got a hot and muggy run while I was running I was just hoping it would start to rain again to cool off but no luck until after the race of course! So my final time was 31:35 ! I was hoping for under 30 but I am still very happy with my time- I had been doing it at home in 34 minutes so it was a definite improvement- hoping to sign up for a couple of more 5K's in July and start training to do a 10K in the fall!

Here's me Carol and Jenny afterwards- it had just rained so we are not as sweaty as we look! LOL


And here's Carol my awesome mom in law -this was also her first 5K- I am so glad she decided to do it with me! She rocked it at 38:22!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I am very proud of you! You set a goal and accomplished it!!! Hope you are able to relax and sit in a hot tub....giggle, and, keep up the good work!!

Amanda said...

CONGRATS!!! What an awesome accomplishment!

Erin said...

You did it!! I'm SO proud of you! It seems like just yesterday when we thought this wasn't possible =) Hopefully we can run together in the near future!!! Love ya!!

Kelly(M&M) said...

I loved your race report!!! It went so well and I am so happy for you. Looking forward to many, many more reports from you! How did you like the music?