Friday, November 28, 2008

The next day....

Well Yesterday was Thanksgiving. We went over to Carol and Wades to eat some turkey...

Derek loved the sweet potatoes and of course Drew loved the turkey which is all he ate. ( He is a meat man).








So I made Paula Deens pumpkin pie with homemade whipped cream and sweet potato pie with marshmallows. They were both good but Paula Deen won hands down



Here's one of the evil Kitty's (sorry) that make me not breathe.......





And here's the kids chasing the kitty's
We had a great Thanksgiving and we hope that everyone else did too! Now I have to get through the left overs so I can start back on my diet....

So this morning I woke up at 3 am. Went to pick up Laura at 3:30 the house was pitch black and I was tapping on the window hoping the neighbors didn't call the cops on me so I ended up going out alone on Black Friday- Laura finally woke up about 8:30!!!!
So I started at Kohls at 4 am checked out at 4:10 hmmm now what I had 50 minutes until Walmart opened. Went and sat in my car- hey its Minnesota I am not nuts people had tents and sleeping bags. Went to Walmart at 5 am checked out at 5:15 now I have 45 minutes until Office Depot opened where I could get a chance at a cheap laptop. I'm finding that if you don't have a lot to buy or know exactly what you need this is getting kinda long and boring. So I went back to my car got in line about 5:30 with about 300 people- when I finally got in of course there were no more laptops they only had 10 in the store ahhhh well. I got the other thing we wanted there but had to wait in line and talk to strangers for a hour and a half- made a couple short stops on my way home and was home about 8:30 - then a couple of hours later I took the kids and went shopping again!!!!! So fun can't wait till next year!

No comments: