Sunday, November 23, 2008

How in the World?

How in the world do I accumulate so much stuff? Well I have been sitting on call for 4 days now waiting to work. So I have been organizing- making my piles- ebay- goodwill- keep
I just dropped off 6 full bags boxes of stuff because I can't stand looking at it and I am still accumulating more things! As I was leaving my neighbor asked where I was going and I told her goodwill she asks me if I can drop off some of her stuff too that she has been putting off taking. Sure why not? So we throw her bags in the front seat and as I am driving I notice a really cute baby gap sweater size 3T on the top. Well still too big for Drew but he will be ready for it next year. Well then I pull over to look at the goodies- I notice some cute dresses from Express that still have the tags on them not my size but the ebay seller in me kicks in. So I ended up bringing half of her stuff back with me- some things for Drew next year, some things to sell and a couple of sweaters for me( hey its cold here) So hmmm maybe this is part of my problem. Same thing happened on my last goodwill trip. My other neighbor and I had a garage sale so I loaded up what was left of my stuff and told her I still had space in my car- she brings out boot loads of toys which of course I have to go through and sell - keep - give away- I did end up making $120 bucks on the stuff that I sold ( which I split with her) . So is it really that wrong to hoard? Even though I fully believe I am not a pack rat (my husband thinks I am but he has never seen a real pack rat- I have) I guess I better get busy on my ebay stuffThis is my ebay stuff- I haven't finished going through all the closets either...........it will be twice as much by the end of the day

3 comments:

Becauseican79 said...

Haha, I call Dave a pack rat too. I don't think Steve and I look at material items and think, "I could sell or make something with this item." We ask ourselves if we need it or use it and if the answer is no, it goes to the Goodwill or the trash. I think it comes from moving around a lot. The more you move, the more things you throw out. When you stay in one place growing up you don't realize all the stuff you have.

Anonymous said...

Its a sickness, and I have it too...giggle...When Erin or Kathryn say the word "thrift store", I have an immediate need to be a "looky lou". And when we have a Garage Sale, you might as well call if for me, a Garage See and Take......lolol......I just cleaned out Scotts Office Closet today (right in front of him....beads of sweat where dripping off his forhead, he is a true pack rat)..and I realized that I had actually put a few baby items (walk-in closet) in as well. Piles of "papers".....it felt good to clean and organize, very cathartic.....He can actually use the space now...lolol....Well, enjoyed your blog...Hope you have a terrific day....Have fun on Ebay!!!

Kelly(M&M) said...

That is a funny story! It looks like you have a good way to make money. :-) This is Kelly from high school, by the way. I just found your blog off Erin's. It is good to be in touch! Your family is so cute!