Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Race cars, chocolate cake and neat freaks

Well I have been trying to get my spring cleaning done early since I am on one of my weeks of vacation- well wait- tomorrow's the last day so I don't have a week anymore.
I wish I was a neat freak. Is there classes where I can learn this skill? I just tend to give up or get lazy or make excuses... find something better to do like shop. I love a clean house - just can't seem to get this skill down.

So One of our wonderful neighbors brought over a chocolate cake on Sunday -thanks for that( always helps with the diet I am starting tomorrow. ) The cake was on the counter covered in plastic until Drew got a hold of it. I am still finding chocolate from the front door to the fridge to the floor to my couch not too mention his shirt and his hair... ugggg found this mess after I had been cleaning for hours so no fun at the Smith's house. Seems to be no matter how much I clean there is always someone coming behind me undoing my work. So whats a girl to do? If I don't do it - it just gets way way worse and if I do I feel like it consumes me and is never ending. I need a class oh my husband needs one too.
So after completely going through the boys room yesterday- organizing, throwing away, donating and cleaning I finally got it done. The room looked great - Derek was so happy (cause he didn't have to do it) until our friend from across the street came over to play happily in our nice and organized room. I happily reminded the boys to put things back when they we done playing so the room stays nice- Derek said I know I know. Well of course they didn't and of course our friend had to go home so it was a disaster- Derek had to stay in his room until it was clean and organized again on his own. Needless to say he was not happy and said he was running away. Oh boy - is that already starting?
So after the room was clean again- We decided to put up Drew's new race car bed! Some friends were getting rid of it so I jumped at the chance of possibly finding the answer to getting Drew to sleep in his own bed! Well the bed is great - he loves it and slept there all night . We did not realize how big it was going to be though- it has cut down a lot of play room. I also should have considered this before I cleaned and organized the room exactly how I wanted it. Now we have too much stuff in there- oh boy here we go again! I may have to make another goodwill pile and do some consolidating and furniture moving. Speaking of which since my race car driver is peacefully napping in his mom's bed maybe I should do that now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish that I had good news...Sean will be 10 in a month eeeh or so...and STILL am doing the "cleaning dance" with him....I just do it every day or so, to keep it up.....OOOOH....then there is the "homework dance"....don't worry....You will get through that too!

Carol said...

I hope you took pictures of the chocolate kid??? I bet he was cute, even if he was messy!! good to hear he loves his new bed.

Erin said...

Don't you just LOVE that! You spend all this time cleaning and the kids take two seconds to mess it up again. Yum chocolate cake! I bet that was fun cleaning up. I'm with Carol.. did you get pictures!?!?

Smith's said...

nope- all I cared about was getting it off of him before he smeared the chocolate cake any where else- I know missed a great photo op again!