Tuesday, September 8, 2009

1st grade!


Derek started 1st grade today ! He is gone from 9-4! The house seems so quiet with just me and Drew. The time fly's so quickly! Drew will be starting school tomorrow and a bus will be picking him up right at the house! I am going to have a empty house for a few hours every morning- now that will take some time to get used too. I plan on using my time well- grocery shopping has become very challenging with Drew lately so I can definitely use my time there and running! I have been trying to figure out how I would find the time for longer runs and now I have it! Things have been busy and lots of changes coming our way! Drew will also be starting speech therapy tomorrow and we have started him on a special diet which is a huge challenge in itself.





I love this pic- it's just a snap shot of Derek taking care of his little brother - they may not get along all the time but Derek is always looking out for him.


Pancakes on the first day of school have become a tradition. Derek actually did most of the prep work and flipping with just a little help from Mom.

Here's Drew enjoying his "special pancakes"



Off to the bus stop- Drew had his back pack on for practice =)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Boys look so Happy !
You are doing a Great Job Kari...enjoy your time alone and be good to yourself...Running is good..and a nice soak in the Tub might be in order too...
love
Mom