Thursday, July 23, 2009

Another 5k and a new start!

Well just did my second 5K last night! Sorry no pics this time! Steve and the boys were going to come I left early and they were going to meet us at the finish line but on our way there was a ton of traffic because unknowingly to me there was a parade before the run! So thousands of people and chaos - not a good recipe for a 2 year old and 6 year old . So I called Steve and told him to stay home - will have to pick a more low key less publicized race. There was tons of runners! Over 5000! It was a little too much usually when you start running things start to spread out and there's not herds of runners - not this one I was running in a herd the whole time! We still had fun and it was a fun run- all the people that came to watch the parade were cheering on the streets of course it was hot and humid I can not wait to race in the fall! I was feeling sluggish the whole race so not expecting to better my time but I did! Guess training is paying off! So my first time was 31:35 My second time was 30:57 - baby steps I guess! I'm happy with my time though! At the end of the race we lost Carol's friend Jenny it took us over an hour to find her!

Oh and hey Kelly turned me on to a great website called Dailyburn.com it keeps track of your calories, fat , protein and carbs and gives you a realistic time to get to your goal weight - I'm tired of feeling blah and just want to feel good in my clothes again so its time to get serious stop talking about it and do it! If anybody wants to do it add me as a motivator and we can keep track of each other my username is Babyhex. I need all the help I can get being accountable.

No comments: