Sunday, August 23, 2009

Letting things go

Ahhhh why is it so hard to let some things go? I always try to focus on the positive and push the negative aside but sometimes the negative just pushes it's way back. I don't want it there I want it to go away! I just got my first complaint letter in 10 years - the 2 things written in the letter were things out of my control but it doesn't matter it bugs me so much that this woman left my flight with the perception that me and my crewmembers were not good employees. I know I take things to personally and I have a stack of good letters but this letter will follow me around the rest of my career - the good and the bad stay in your file forever! So my goal that I set to never have a bad letter will never be accomplished. Sorry just venting I am hoping blogging about it will help me let it go.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Want me to beat her up??? =) I'm sorry I hate those kind of letters! It's not you at all... It was the lady! Her life is miserable so she has to bring everyone down with her. Why else would you take time out of your day to write a stupid letter? Was she that mad??? Honestly, people have way too much time on their hands! Don't worry about it too much, its not worth it..... Keep on thinking positive girl! Love you =)

Patti said...

I am sure she is just a bitter old hag who has a miserable life and needs to bring other people down in order to make herself feel better. The fact that you are so upset about it is exactly what she wanted. You can not please everyone. So you had one pissed off lady in 10 years. Think of the millions of others you have given great service to.

Haven't you seen the reality show "Airline"? I am sure she was hoping that if she complained, she would get vouchers or something for free.

Amanda said...

Oh man, that sucks, but like you said.. some things are just out of our control. As long as you know you did all you could! Like Erin said, some people just lead miserable lives and have to bring as many people down with them that they could.

Anonymous said...

Want Erin to beat her up? We who KNOW you...know that you are awesome, sweet, kind...and all that other sappy stuff....its true! Whatever her excuse, it doesn't change who YOU are.....soooo....do not let her into your thoughts anymore, she is a waste of good time....and remember, we who know you love you!!

Smith's said...

ahhh thanks everyone - no beating up necessary - I am trying to let it go. Keeping my head up =)

Kelly(M&M) said...

Hey Kari, I could have written this post myself.I have a hard time dealing with disappointment. On Saturday, I was in charge of the triathlon, and overall I think it went really well. Unfortunately, 2 of the kids went the wrong way on the trail. The girl was so upset and I felt horrible. All I could think about was her, instead of all the other things that went well. I am trying to let it go too.

I think it is awesome that you have had 10 years with no complaints- that is fantastic!!! Don't let the one complaint bring you down. You are amazing!! Love you!